Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Aurora Abortuary Opens "Peacefully"

Today is a sad day. Yesterday the Mayor of Aurora, Tom Weisner, gave Planned Parenthood the occupancy permit that it requested without allowing public comment and without allowing a vote by the City Council. Last night we held a prayer vigil outside the clinic. The media was there in force. I believe that 300 or so people were there to pray. This morning at 7:00 am I was praying on the sidewalk outside the clinic with 5 others. Most were very disheartened. However, even in the midst of this seeming defeat, there will be victory.

" But I will call this to mind, as my reason to have hope: The favors of the LORD are not exhausted, his mercies are not spent; They are renewed each morning, so great is his faithfulness. My portion is the LORD, says my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Good is the LORD to one who waits for him, to the soul that seeks him; It is good to hope in silence for the saving help of the LORD. " Lam 3: 21-26.

Let's continue to pray, to hope, and to work.

No comments: